Engineering Courses After 10th: After class 10 you can go for the diploma courses. It had a duration of 3 years, as it provides you with a professional degree. You can easily get admission through the entrance or merit-based pattern. Choosing a diploma in engineering courses after 10th or Bachelor engineering courses after class 10 is an amazing opportunity if you are planning to earn good pay in your career.
The student might not take the 11th and 12th class exams. So, in preference to the closing years of school and 4 years of the degree engineering course (a complete of six years), the equal qualification is done with inside the equal quantity of time with 3 years of a degree route and 3 years of the diploma route after the direct transfer.
This blog will guide you through the various nuances of Engineering Courses After 10th such as diploma engineering course fees, eligibility, admission process, career options, and other relevant info. Read ahead to know more about engineering courses in diploma.
- About Engineering Streams After 10th Class
- Diploma in Engineering Course After 10th: Overview
- Eligibility for Courses in Engineering After 10th
- Detailed List of Engineering Courses After 10th
- Top Colleges for Engineering Courses After Class X
- Admission Procedure for Engineering Courses After Class 10
- Fees for Engineering Diploma Courses After 10th
- Paper Pattern for Engineering Courses After 10th
- Scope of Engineering Courses After 10th
- Career Options after Engineering Courses After Class 10
- Software Engineering Courses After 10th Salary
- FAQs on Diploma Courses in Engineering
It is the modern branch of sciences that deals with the technical and practical studies of different matters. There are various Diploma Courses in Engineering offered by renowned universities. After the 10th you have ample choices but choosing right is important. Here comes the role of the engineering stream. As engineers are required everywhere and in every field. This career will be in demand forever.
After 10th, there are various Best Engineering Courses in Indialike Civil, Mechanical, Information & Technology, Automobile, and Electrical Engineering. These courses after 10th are proof that even if you do not study a combination of Physics, Chemistry, and math you can be an engineer. A diploma in Engineering is the key to entering into the engineering field just after 10th.
Here is the provided overview of the course:
|Level of degree||Diploma|
|Duration of degree||3 years|
|Fees Structure||INR 30,000 to INR 1 Lakh|
|Minimum Percentage Required||50%|
|Admission Process||Merit-Based or Entrance|
It is important to follow the latest eligibility criteria to get admission into the course after the 10th. Here you may look up the latest details.
- You must have an aggregate of 55% in class 10th
- Must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Maths, as the main subject.
- Maximum: There is no such maximum age limit to apply for the course.
- Minimum: The minimum age limit is 17 years.
There are numerous opportunities for the students to pursue amazing courses after completing their class 12th. Many universities offer mechanical, electrical, electronics, food technology, engineering, and more. Here is the list of a few top courses which you may pursue in the engineering field after 10th.
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechatronics|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering|
|Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|Diploma in Automobile Engineering|
|Diploma in Production Engineering|
|Diploma in Mining Engineering|
|Diploma in Architecture Engineering|
|Diploma in Biomedical Engineering|
|Diploma in Computer Engineering|
|Diploma in Electronics Engineering|
Here is the list of top colleges offering diplomas in engineering after 10th:
|Amrutvahini Polytechnic, Sangamner|
|Ghousia Polytechnic For Women, Karnataka|
|Guru Tegh Bahadur Polytechnic Institute|
|Hindustan Electronics Academy, HEA Polytechnic|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT), Sarang, Orissa|
|Jalpaiguri Polytechnic Institute|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Technology, Pune|
- The admission procedure may vary, as some universities offer entrance exams but some admit students through merit-based.
- After clearing the entrance exam, you might be called for the counseling session which can be instituted based or centralized counseling.
- After that, there is a proper verification of documents stage that takes place and then you are required to pay the fees for final admission.
- There is also an option for direct admission where you just need to apply through their website and visit the college for documentation and pay the fees.
The fees vary from college to college, according to the institutional facilities they are providing. The average fees range from INR 30,000 to INR 1 Lakh. Here, you can find the detailed fees structure for the courses in detail.
|Course||Fees (in INR)|
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering||14000 to 55000|
|Diploma in Mechatronics||14000 to 81000|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||10000 To 300000|
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering||10000 To 350000|
|Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering||10000 To 350000|
|Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering||10000 To 450000|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||10000 To 400000|
|Diploma in Automobile Engineering||10000 to 60000|
|Diploma in Production Engineering||10000 to 80000|
|Diploma in Mining Engineering||8000 to 60000|
|Diploma in Architecture Engineering||16000 to 60000|
|Diploma in Biomedical Engineering||17000 to 65000|
|Diploma in Computer Engineering||15000 to 80000|
|Diploma in Electronics Engineering||12000 to 65000|
- Diploma courses may be of every year or semester pattern.
- Most yearly pattern courses have a period of 3 years.
- The diploma programs that observe a semester pattern have a deliberate period of 4 years, with 3 years of study and one year for an industrial internship.
- Engineering degree courses may be divided into sorts relying upon the simple entrance qualification required.
- In the post-Senior Secondary Certificate (SSC) diploma course, students with a simple SSC qualification may be accepted into the course.
- In the post-Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) degree course, the minimal qualification for the front is an HSC pass certificate.
- A postgraduate degree may be opted for after accomplishing the degree, if not a B.E., B.Tech. or a job.
- These are the unique courses offered to the students.
- It provides you with ample opportunities for a better future.
- If you are planning to pursue understand the key concepts about the specific course then this is the best option.
- It provides you with the fieldwork also the research and observation part.
- It also provides an opportunity for lateral entry to B.tech or B.E. Lateral entry means you can join the engineering program directly in the second year or the third semester of B.Tech / B.E.
It may depend on which field of engineering you are choosing. But, here are the few career prospects are given:
- Choose B.Tech or B.E.
- Public sector jobs in BSNL, ONGC, NTPC, NSSO, and more
- Private sector jobs in airlines, communication firms, automobiles, and more.
- Junior Mechanical Engineer
- Food technologist
- Manufacturing Manager
- Power electronics
- Market analyst
- Automobile technician
- Lab technician
- Diploma in Computer Science And Engineering After 10th
- Diploma in Civil Engineering After 10th
- Management Engineering Courses
- Marine Engineering Courses After 12th
- Medical Engineering Courses
The average salary of a software engineer in India as a fresher is INR 4 Lakh per annum. After 4 years the salary can go up to INR 5,00,000 per annum. Here, is the detailed salary for software engineers according to the job profile.
|Software Engineer||INR 5,50,000|
|Software Developer||INR 4,50,000|
|Web Developer||INR 3,00,000|
|Android Developer||INR 3,50,000|
|Software Tester||INR 3,50,000|
|Software Designer||INR 12,00,000|
1. Which is the best engineering course after class 10Th?
There are many fields such as Mechanical, electrical, computer science and more. You must choose according to your interest. For detailed information, you may refer to the above article to ache a detailed guide about the best engineering course after class 10th.
2. Can I do engineering after the 10th?
Yes, you can go for the engineering after the 10th. But you need to qualify the minimum eligibility criteria which are an aggregate of 55%.
3. What is the duration of a diploma in engineering?
It has a duration of 3 years. But the course which follows the semester pattern has a duration of 4 years, in which 1 year is for the internship or training and the rest 3 are for studying.
4. What is the meaning of lateral entry to B.E. or B.Tech?
Lateral entry means you can join the engineering program directly in the second year or the third semester of B.Tech / B.E.
We have included detailed information on the Engineering Courses After the 10th. If you need to find information on some more Diploma Courses, visit our website Ncertbooks.guru, and clear all your doubts about career options and other postgraduate & graduate course details.
|Engineering Courses After 10th||Duration|
|Diploma in Civil Engineering||1 to 3 Years|
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||1 to 3 Years|
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering||1 to 3 Years|
|Diploma in Information Technology||3 Years|
- Amrutvahini Polytechnic, Sangamner.
- Industrial Training Institute, New Delhi.
- Aarupadai Veeru Medical College, Pondicherry.
- Government Polytechnic, Mumbai.
- Aryabhatt Institute of Technology - ABIT.
|Name of Course||Eligibility||Duration|
|Diploma In Computer Science / Diploma in IT||10th Pass||3 Years|
|Diploma in Architecture Engineering||10th Pass||3 Years|
|Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering||10th Pass or Equivalent||2 to 3 Years|
|Diploma in Fashion Designing||10th or Equivalent||1 Year|
- Electrical Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- IT Engineering.
- Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Aerospace Engineering.
- Petroleum Engineering.
Algebra, trigonometry, calculus, chemistry and physics are all good preparatory courses for an engineering curriculum. English and writing courses are encouraged as well. Good communication skills are essential for an engineer.Which is the easiest degree after 10th? ›
Which field is easy after the 10th? Various courses in polytechnics like mechanical, civil, chemical, computer, and automobile are easy for students who have cleared class 10th. The institutions offer three-year, two-year, and one-year diploma programs.Which is the hardest field after 10th? ›
- May 9, 2023. Top 10 Toughest Courses In India. ...
- Healthcare Science. Healthcare Science is considered one of the most challenging and toughest courses in India. ...
- Engineering. It takes a lot to become an engineer regardless of the field you choose. ...
- UPSC Civil Services. ...
- Law. ...
- Computer Science. ...
- MBA. ...
- Diploma in Fashion Technology. ...
- Diploma in Interior Decoration. ...
- Certificate in Cosmetology & Health. ...
- Diploma in Graphic Designing. ...
- Diploma in Hotel Management. ...
- Diploma in Civil Engineering. ...
- Diploma in Information Technology.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Diploma in Interior Designing.
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology.
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- Diploma in Radiology Technology.
- Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Diploma in Medical Lab Technology.
The best streams offered after class 10th are: Arts, Commerce, and Science with mathematics. You can also choose diplomas to continue simultaneously with classes 11th and 12th. You can permanently eliminate the subjects you do not like.Which diploma engineering has highest salary in India? ›
- diploma electrical engineer - ₹25lakhs per year.
- diploma mechanical engineer - ₹19lakhs per year.
- diploma trainee engineer - ₹18lakhs per year.
- diploma engineer - ₹16lakhs per year.
- diploma civil engineer - ₹16lakhs per year.
The Science stream was chosen by 30.7 lakh students in 2012; it went up to 42 lakh in 2022. Commerce was chosen by 13.7 lakh students in 2012 and 14.4 lakh students chose the stream in 2022.Which subject is most important for engineering? ›
Maths and physics are generally the most important subjects for mechanical engineering, but many students manage to get on a course without having studied them. Showing a strong personal profile can sometimes be just as important as an academic one.Which engineering course is best for future and salary? ›
- Software Engineer / IT. ...
- Aerospace Engineer. ...
- Chemical Engineer. ...
- Electronics and Communication Engineer. ...
- Nuclear Engineer. ...
- Big Data Engineer. ...
- Civil Engineer. ...
- Electrical Engineer.
- Computer science engineer. National average salary: ₹2,24,524 per year. ...
- Mechanical engineer. ...
- Electronics and communication engineer. ...
- Chemical engineer. ...
- Design engineer. ...
- Aerospace or aeronautical engineer. ...
- Electrical engineer. ...
- Civil engineer.